• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New Pilot Dreaming of Cubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally completed my life-long dream of becoming a private pilot about a month ago - shortly after my 46th birthday. I grew up in a family of pilots but most notable was my uncle on the neighboring farm in central Florida. He was a crop duster when I was very young and, once he retired from that, there always seemed to be activity on his grass strip: visitors from all over and a few folks keeping one or two planes there. Once he retired from paid flying, he got a J3 to putter around the sky in. He took me up many times in that thing! I fell in love with the plane and the clear views out both sides - no better way to float above the countryside. Now I live far from that farm and the Cub that has made such an impression on me but I can't forget the many great memories! I'm in the market for a Cub of my own so I can share the fun of flying with family and friends!
I'm grateful for this group - I'm looking forward to learning lots!

Latest posts

Back