• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New guy...me,and a question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didier

Reaction score
Hi every body!

I have been following this site for a few months now, since I started building a L4 replica from scratch with the help of the Cub Club copies of the original blueprints and a set of drawings from Wag Aero. I am almost done with the ailerons, exept for the aileron horn assemblies per drawing Piper Aircraft Corp #40501 and #42585. Both these drawings do not tell you what thickness of steel is used. Is it .040, .050, .063 or something else. Maybe one of you guys can go to his hangar and measure it for me.
I usually hang out on the Wag Builder forum, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wagbuilders/
You can check pics of my progress on this site at Didier's L4.
I am from Napa, CA, and this is my 5th homebuild project. (A long EZ, a Lancair, a Glassair and a Taylorcraft BC64 restauration). I aso rebuild, like Iowa, WWII Jeeps

Looking forward to discuss my project with all of you.

Didier.

Latest posts

Back