• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New Guy building a Wag Aero Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilkie

Reaction score
Hi All, new guy here getting ready to begin construction of a Wag Aero Sport Trainer.

Just a few stupid questions that I'm sure have been covered a thousand times before so please bare with me.

First, I understand that the original Cubs used a jackscrew type of trim system and the Wag Aero Sport Trainer uses a trim tab. I'm trying to decide which type to utilize but I don't have enough info to make an informed decision. Any thoughts as to the pro's/con's of each type?

Second, Wag offers two sizes of axles (1 1/4" & 1 1/2"). What's the difference. I hope to use 800x4 wheels but I understand that these are sorta hard to come by.

Third, where in the heck can a guy find a C-85/90 or O-200?

Fourth and final question, Wag offers several different wing kits. Basically, I need to decide between building a wood wing or an aluminum one. Again, pro's/con's?

Ok, that's about all the stupid questions I can post for now.

Thanks.........
Wilkie

ps, anybody in the St. Louis area have a cub I can sneak a peek at?

Latest posts

Back