• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Need RIGHT HAND BRAKE PEDAL ASSEMBLY

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
call me 585-305-5759 or write thanks

cubdriver2

Reaction score
What happened, you got a lead foot, :-[ tell the folks why it broke so that they can look at theirs to see if they have the same problem

Glenn

cubrath

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have an extra scott right brake petal. Do you just need the pedal?

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the two ears that holds the pedal broke.....so Ill probably need the whole assembly or the assembly w/o the pedal call me 585-305-5759 thanks

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two ears holds the pedal in place with a bolt that passes through backed out. It didn't have a nut and when the bolt vibrated half way out, the pedal was only supported by one ear putting too much pressure on it and it snapped the ear off.

BEWARE Make sure your bolts are secured that hold the pedal in place...stick your face under your front seat and look at em :)

Len J Buckel

Reaction score
The bolt backing out is the principal reason of the "ear" breaking off. The bolts originally had a "pal nut" installed on them. Later master cylinders had a AN clevis pin replacing the bolt. Drill out the threads on the bottom ear and replace the bolt with an AN Clevis pin. This is good cheap insurance. I don't have a parts drawing for the master cylinder at hand right now, but my J-3 parts manual has AN 393-57 written in.

That part that you need is very expensive if you can find a new one. It is better to get those bolts out before an ear breaks off. I had an ear welded back on but have the part in my spares and have never tried it to see if the weld will hold.

Len J Buckel

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Turbo, I'd be inclined to tig your ear back on if you still have it and it's not distorted (clean break). much cheaper and a good weld will be plenty strong enough. jimmy

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All fixed thanks to Skipster (on this site) He knew a welder who did a great job!!!

Invaluable website w invaluable people!!!!!

Cheers

Tom

huston marlowe

Reaction score
The parts illustration shows a nut and cotter on the bolt, but the threads of the AN3 bolt bottom out before there is enough sticking through to get a castle nut on...like Len says. Maybe a thin washer and cotter pin might fit. My threads are good so I hate to drill them out.

Latest posts