• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Nearly New Baumann 1500 Floats, Complete

carlmill

Reaction score
These are Baumann BF1500's straight floats off of a Legend Cub. All mounting gear is included. Serial numbers are 23/24 manufactured in 2006. There are less than 150 hours on these floats and they are in excellent condition. When not mounted they have been stored in hangars or garage.

They are STC’d on at least Piper J-3’s, PA-11’s, Taylorcraft, Legend Cubs, CubCrafter Sport Cub’s, B&F Tecnik FK-9 Mark IV.

Fresh water displacement is 1536 lb. More specs. at http://www.baumannfloats.com/models/pdf/bf1500.htm

Optional extras include lightning bolt paint (black on yellow), wire cable walkway, an extra storage compartment in each float (total two in each float). Each compartment is large, allowing plenty of room for fuel, fish, lines, lunch, camping gear, whatever.

I have the service manuals and complete blueprints with installation instructions.

I have numerous pictures of the floats, from various angles while on a trailer and even from below while in flight.
Asking 14,250. Located Buffalo, NY.

Call 716-829-9647 for more information and pictures; ask for Carl.

DSC_1493.jpg

DSC_3388.jpg

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_5464.jpg

DSC_1493.jpg

DSC_3388.jpg

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_5464.jpg

DSC_1493.jpg

DSC_3388.jpg

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_5464.jpg

willyb

Reaction score
Carl are you going to the amphibs?Can't swing the cash right now but if you don't sell those by spring I would be interested.

Bill

carlmill

Reaction score
Bill,

Yes on the amphibs's, straights in the Buffalo area has been a hassle. Check your PM.

Carl

[email protected]

Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Carl, What type aircraft are you putting the amphips on? Gary

willyb

Reaction score
These are the new Baumann amphibs at Greenville Maine on a Texas Sport.They are approved on the Legend and Joe is working on certification for certified cubs and I believe champs,luscombs,t-craft and others.
I think Joe told me they were 230lbs installed.Manual retract with a flap type handle.

tp://www.legend.aero/images/IMG_9495_Legend_FloatCub.jpg

Bill

Original 1

Reaction score
After returning from OSH the Texas Sport had to make a partial gear down landing on the runway at New Richmond due to a malfunction. No damage. GUP

[email protected]

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
they are approved on the Legend and Joe is working on certification for certified cubs and I believe champs,luscombs,t-craft and others.

They are STC'd for the J3. Gary

carlmill

Reaction score
Carl, What type aircraft are you putting the amphips on? Gary
They'll be going on my Legend. I had no trouble operating on straight floats for three weeks in the Adirondacks this summer but at home in Buffalo, there were a number of issues that could be solved with amphibs.

Carl

[email protected]

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Carl: Have you considered having Joe convert your 1500's to the 1500-A? Gary

carlmill

Reaction score
Carl: Have you considered having Joe convert your 1500's to the 1500-A? Gary
Gary,

Didn't know that was an option/possibility. When I talked to Joe at OSH he described numerous changes in the floats to get them to 230 ish in the amphibious version. Stuff like different struts/spreaders, different riveting patterns, one float compartment, keel change, even less anti-skid on the deck. Not sure the conversion would be economically feasible or light enough as the straights are 197 with a rigging.

Carl