• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

NC42180

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hodges

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1945 J3, 65 hp Continental. In 1979, dad bought this Cub from a farmer in Kingfisher, OK for $650 delivered! I first soloed in this plane shortly thereafter and ground looped it down by Western Hills Sequoyah airstrip not long after that. I swerved off of the runway, shut off the mags, went through a barbed wire fence and ended up staring at the ground with dad's beloved Cub resting nose down on its prop. I called a crop duster who had taught me to fly in Haskell for help. Joe came to the crash site with a roll of duct tape and pieced the fabric on the torn wing back together and flew it back to Haskell. I limped back to Northeastern State where I was going to college and called dad. Long unpleasant phone call. Dad took that opportunity to restore the Cub from the ground up, making it new again. Some of the best times of my life I spent with my dad and this cub. Dad is 84 now and had decided he had flown enough. I bought the cub August of 2018 and keep it in a hangar that dad has loaned me at KRVS (Jones Riverside, Tulsa, OK). I am tickled to have and fly it. It would be impossible for me to express how much this old rag and iron airplane means to me.
IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3518.JPG

Latest posts

Back