• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Mystery in my undercarriage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Howdy all, have just crawled upstairs from the workshop with a problem in my head. As a break in the endless boredom of cleaning Compression struts, I thought I'd strip my one good undercarriage leg (the right hand one). Luckly for me when it was last recovered, someone had the good thought to dope up the framework, which luckily has preserved the metalwork well.

However after stripping the paint from the base around the axle stub, at the inner end (where the bottom of the bungee tubes mount) there appears to be a wooden bung inserted. It also appears when looking down the axle with a torch.

Surely with the amount of moisture wood can hold this is a bad idea!

So is this wooden bung supposed to be there? if so was it sealed someway? Is the tube supposed to be open?

I just don't know!

Answers gratefully received....

T

Latest posts

Back