• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

My First Flight in the Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
I got the opportunity to take a flight in a cub last week. She was hard too keep straight on takeoff but flies like a dream! The c 85 shook the whole thing and left me half deaf after the flight! It got me thinking a lot about my future in aviation. Can you think of anything that is better today than it was 50 years ago?

I made a list of my dream fleet- pitts, stearmen, cub and possibly a tigermoth. The most recent aircraft is the pitts s1s, with its first flight in 1944 flies better than any other aerobatic aircraft I can think of. The music has taken a turn for the worst, which goes without saying. I read flight of passage, where it took rinker and his brother 1 month to raise enough to pay off there cub and fuel costs for the trip. Id be happy to do that before I'm 30! There fuel costs averaged at $2.50 an hour! Back then you where pioneering every time you went up, these days the best job in aviation pays you 80k a year as an aerial bus driver where your away from home most your life programming the autopilot (I understand this is an extremely pessimistic view of commercial aviation, but this is what I have been told by other commercial pilots who advise me not to pursue the career)

I'm hooked on the cub and am definitely going to convert to tail wheel after I get my ppl.
Tailwinds,
Chris

IMG_20161015_180744.jpg

IMG_20161015_1743480.jpg

IMG_20161015_1744004.jpg

IMG_20161015_1750374.jpg

Latest posts

Back