• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

My baby for Sale!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubrath

Reaction score
I can't believe it but I am going to put my pride and joy up for sale. This is the airplane the I spent three years and 2500 hours to restore with the help of this forum. I have an opportunity to buy a carbon cub kit from a buddy and the deal is to good to pass up.

My cub is a late 1945 and the restoration was finished in November of 2012. Airplanes was flying before restoration began and from what we could tell has never been damaged. It bolted right into the Jig. The wings were replaced with metal spar wings in the 50's. No damage was noted in the logs or FAA records. I can honestly stay the everything from the firewall back was either brought back to original condition or replaced. I am a purist so I tried to restore the airplane as close to original as I could. I used the polyfiber process with a Ranthane top coat. I have over 800 pictures of the complete restoration process and no corners were cut. This airplane is like new. The airplane came in light at 700#. All the important upgrades (Sealed struts, dakota cub trim yoke and jack, steves gascolator, grove brakes, etc) were done and I also installed amsafe retractable shoulder harness and seat belts. Every piece of metal on the outside of the airplane was replaced. This airplanes flies as good as it looks. The detail that went into this airplane must be seen. Pictures don't do it justice. Can deliver and checkout available after purchase.

TTAF 1875

TT since restoration 30 Hours.

The engine is an A-75 with 1055 TSMO. It runs like a clock with good compressions.

The propeller was new from sensenich. It now has 30TT since new.

I want 43.5K for this airplane. This is the amount I have into the airplane minus the 2500 hours of labor.

Please contact me at rathmn at gmail dot com for more information.

I also have a C-85 stroker core that is almost ready to assemble. The case just came back from Divco. I have a factory new crankshaft, NOS cam, new lifters, new bearings, mags with 10 hours since new. Just need cylinders, carb overhaul and a few other items and it will be ready to bolt together. I will sell this for cost to the new owner if interested. Aprox 9K+/- need to add up all the receipts.

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

DSCN2190.jpg

DSCN2188.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

DSCN0934.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

Latest posts

Back