• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

More sliding window questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still working through the sliding window puzzle
There seems to be a strap of some kind that goes between the vertical channels across the sliding window. All references are pretty vague but drawing 24096 shows it as part 80042-39 plate I think…
I assume it is a steel strap maybe 1 “ and is welded at the front about where the the vertical channel meets the lower channel for the triangle window . How far back does it go?
The drawing implies it stops just aft of the vertical window channel?
I bought new D window channel but it does not extend all the way forward to the vertical channel. There is about an 8” gap from the vertical channel where that L shaped tab is welded to the tube frame and the D channel window frame where there is nothing supporting the D window. Does that strap extend all the way back to the D window frame to give you something to attach fabric, or do I put a piece of channel in the gap to fill the void
It’s the same at the top of the D window where the D window channel does not meet the vertical channel. Not so important at the top as it would be out of sight.
I understand there has to be room to be able to slide the D window in place but I think I must be missing something

Latest posts

Back