• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Meet me for lunch...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
J5man Jack Carnahan and I have attempted to meet at Cumberland, MD airport, for lunch for several months, but something always came up. Today we actually managed to get both our airplanes and ourselves to the same place at the same time. It was a beautiful, clear, calm high pressure area day, and accompanied by Ryan, a full time flight instructor at Randolph-Macon Academy at Front Royal, VA., who wants to learn Cubs, off we went. This time I called Jack after the run-up and we were sure we were going. We had all of 55 miles to go; he had two.

Jack taxis in.
1-1946%20Red%20and%20Yellow.jpg

Hi!
1-1948%20Jack%20arrives.jpg

Jack meets Ryan
1-1956%20Cub-EAA-Jack-Ryan.jpg

Red and Yellow. It's all good!
1-1959%20EAA-Bipe-J-3-Cub.jpg

Jack and his EAA biplane. Aviator pose.
1-1955%20Jack%20and%20Biplane.jpg

Him and I, er, me and him, ah, Jack and Chuck. He has his J3-Cub.com hat on, I am holding my nonconforming hat.
1-1961%20Jack-Chuck-Cumberland.jpg

Ryan Koch, who now has 2.4 hours of J-3 time and is a good stick! It was like having an auto pilot in the Cub. His wife told me he has pin-up pictures of J-3's in his room. Hmmm. Thanks, Ryan, for your help. The airport restaurant is in the background.
1-1942%20Ryan%20with%202%20hrs%20Cub%20time.jpg

Chuck Shaw

Latest posts

Back