• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Looking for input on my brake woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N6661H

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am at the end of the line with my Scott's masters and expander tube brake system. 3rd trip to the hangar and it feels like I'm going backwards. Im having leaks around the plate where the diaphragm goes, and when I tried to get it open without pulling out the whole master it felt like I was just going to destroy the screws. I am only building pressure at the very end of the pedal and when the reservoir is filled to the brim. I can not build enough pressure to consider the brakes useable. My question is, if I decide to go with the grove disc conversion with stock tires, and upgrade to the high pressure masters as well, will I get myself in trouble by having too strong of brakes? Is anyone else running 800-4 tires with grove discs and the high pressure masters? I'm thinking I can rebuild the Scott's once I get them out and recoup some of my cost upgrading by selling them on eBay. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back