• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Looking for an L-4

Crew Chief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave up on looking for a PA-11. Due to having OD green in my veins, I would prefer an L-4 that has not had a recent restoration. I probably can't afford one that is newly restored. Let me know if anyone knows of one tucked away. I would prefer one located in Texas but would consider going to look at one in the surrounding states or anywhere else that might be convenient.

Chief

Tim Harter

Reaction score
Are you still looking for an L-4?

I am going to be selling some projects for a widow of a friend of mine. I think one is an L-4. I looked at it once and it has square looking rear window frames and the two little posts by the slide window on the left. I think they were for a level or something. The weather has been terrible here so she hasn't left her house for a week. Once the ice melts she is going to go to her other house to look for all the paper work on her all her cubs. I will take a few pics next time I go over there. The fuselag, gear, and wings are sitting next to each other and there are tail feathers near by. I don't know about an engine. If you or someone else is interested let me know. I will probably go over there next week, hopfully she finds the paperwork on it, if it has some.

Tim
[email protected]

Cubfun

Reaction score
Hi Tim,

New member here...I am looking for a cub project too. However, I'm not picky as to whether it is an L4 or J3. Just looking for a relatively complete airframe "basketcase" type of project. Please let me know what is available when you look at your friend's projects!

Thanks