• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Looking for a Tail Ski

WWhunter

Reaction score
I am looking for a tail ski. Anyone have one out there they aren't using? The snow is a little deep and powdery this year and I was told it might be a good idea to install one when I get the skis put on.
Thanks,
Keith

bobbuilder1313

Reaction score
Call Damian at Andover Flight Academy in NJ. He has a nice one for sale..... (973) 786-6554.....

39-J3

Reaction score
Call Damian at Andover Flight Academy in NJ. He has a nice one for sale..... (973) 786-6554.....

Keith, Let me know if this one does not work out for you. I am in the market also.

Thanks
Larry

WWhunter

Reaction score
Larry,
I got ahold of him and he isn't actively trying to sell it. I am going to see what it may be worth. His suggestion is to just make one using a small shovel (PMA approved of course) and cutting a slot for the tailwheel. I have seen this done on several planes.
Keith

39-J3

Reaction score
Thanks John,

It just does not look like it would hold up to the abuse that would be put on it in a full stall landing on hard packed snow.
It looks good though.

Larry

windypoint

Reaction score
Trick air has one that will handle a lot of powder. It has to go on a Scott 3200 though.

farm-tim

Reaction score
This was posted on Supercub.org today...

John Scott
That ..... is awsome.
totaly looks like smthn I would build, and then see my IA go "O you will Not"