• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Looking for a j3, must be LSA.

jcondon

Reaction score
Looking for j3,j5 LSA project. Prefer a/c not be disassembled as in basket like so many are. "have to get in there and tear apart and never rebuild!" Not to heavy of project, 1st cub. Please write me with info, thanks, jack 602 571 5549 AZ.

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
J-5 is not eligible to be operated under Sport Pilot (aka LSA) rules due to weight, IIRC.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
I'd love a J3 project too. Ideal is finding a flying basket case so that all the parts are there...but in that condition ("airworthy') the seller usually wants too much for a plane that needs everything. A really good Cub will still require you to do lots of maint. and upgrades and spend plenty of $ every year.

Renkou1

Reaction score

Think the J4-E gross is over wt limit. Some one straighten me out here if I'm wrong.

newcub

Premium Member
Reaction score
J-5 is not eligible to be operated under Sport Pilot (aka LSA) rules due to weight, IIRC.
J-5 is a 3-place aircraft which is not eligible as LSA.

dafranklin

Reaction score
1946 J-3 C-65 Project with all paperwork, engine C85-12 0 STOH ~350SMOH need to check the logs again, McCauley metal prop, wheels, tires, brakes, instruments, wing and nose tank, cowling, etc. Fully restored fuselage structure by 81 year old A&P (Old Timer rag, tube and wood specilist). Restored from wreck, steel tubing replaced using factory drawings including fuselage, gear, ailerons, doors, birdcage. Wings are currently being restored (new wood spars- repairded ribs-etcs). Both wings partially assembled. Needs one bay 1 drag wire (Univair or WagAero) leading edge skins, false spars, new struts, new aileron cables and covering.

Currently in Broken Arrow, OK. Lot's of options available for someone wanting customization or different engine/prop. Can sell as is or finish the way you want.

Latest posts