• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Looking for a good Cub.

Doug Redding

Reaction score
If anyone knows of a good 1946 J-3 Cub with a 65 hp Continental for sale...please let me know. Must have a fairly low engine time, good fabric, preferable metal spar and sealed struts. Also.....somewhere close to Oklahoma would be nice. Thanks.

Doug R.

Big Ben

Reaction score
Doug, are you still looking. I will be putting my 46 J-3 up for sale soon. Completely restored in 2009, metal spars, sealed struts, 8 gal wing tank, metal prop., low time 65, cleveland wheels and brakes. I am buying another and must sell my "baby" soon. Shoot me a note if you are still looking. I will post a "for sale" when it is ready to go. Ben

NickTx

Reaction score
Doug, are you still looking. I will be putting my 46 J-3 up for sale soon. Completely restored in 2009, metal spars, sealed struts, 8 gal wing tank, metal prop., low time 65, cleveland wheels and brakes. I am buying another and must sell my "baby" soon. Shoot me a note if you are still looking. I will post a "for sale" when it is ready to go. Ben
Do you want to post the price and pics here? I know of some people looking for a J3.

Tim Harter

Reaction score
I have one for sale, its a 1939 J-3C-65 Cub Sport, about 3500tt 500SMOH on an A-65-8 Recovered with stitts in 1996 same date on the engine overhaul. Original White face inst, non sensitive alt. non recording tach, Cleveland W&B, Maule tailwheel, tail number N26040 I think the SN is 3982. It’s a nice Cub, wins awards at local shows. I’m asking $32,500OBO Its located in Belleville, IL 62223. My number is 618-581-6093.

cub1.jpg

cub2.jpg

cub3.jpg

cub4.jpg

cub1.jpg

cub2.jpg

cub3.jpg

cub4.jpg

cub1.jpg

cub2.jpg

cub3.jpg

cub4.jpg

Big Ben

Reaction score
I just posted my cub in the Cubs for sale section. photos can be seen on ebay or barnstormers. If you need photos, email me. Plane is based in Modesto CA (about an hour south of sacramento or east of Oakland in the great valley) It's like selling a family member. Take a look and call me, or email if you have questions. Thanks, Ben