• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Looking at a Cub purchase, NOW WITH PICS!!! and some Moore QUESTIONS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. The search has been a long one and it's still ongoing, lol. Anyway, the question I have is what are some key questions to ask while looking over the plane? I am going to head over tomorrow to look at this particular aircraft. I briefly spoke to the owner via email. The aircraft was recovered (Ceconite in 2001) and the engine only has 100hrs since Overhaul.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...el=J-3+CUB&listing_id=2339281&s-type=aircraft

I guess what I should be asking is, for an aircraft that only has 1400hrs Total time, how many hours has it flown a year the last few years, when was the engine overhauled? Why are you selling etc? If the aircraft "looks good" of course I'm going to get a thorough pre-buy/full annual but what other questions should I be asking? I remember a few months back someone posted a "questions to ask" but with a new computer I no longer have it.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back