• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Lawrence CT not responding to radio transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daluds

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why Lawrence (LWM) tower at 119.25 does not respond to my transmissions, but I can communicate to Norwood (KOWD) tower 7miles out at 126.0? I'll try Worcester airport later this week.

Radio checks all work fine at local non-towered airports including 122.8, 122.9, 122.975, 123.0. Is there higher attenuation at 119.25 that is causing the tower not to hear my transmissions? I have replaced headset, radio, antenna, coax, etc. I did not replace the intercom. I did change the battery for the intercom. I run the IC-A24 on the DC charger off a sealed lead acid battery.

I did a radio check above the Lawrence airspace, and the tower responded to the radio check, but stated it was very quiet. They did not respond to the 10, 7 or 5 mile out transmissions as I climbed to fly above the airspace. I also reduced the power to limit any interference, but I have shield wire/plug setup now too.

Its a pain to fly above their airspace all the time, and they do have a nice place to eat so I'd like to figure this out.

Thanks,

Dave

Lawrence.JPG

Lawrence.JPG

Lawrence.JPG

Latest posts

Back