• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

L4 throttle cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeP

Reaction score
Guys,

The throttle movement on my L4 is a little jerky in one place, it's OK, but I want it "just right" as Goldilocks would say! My engineer says that it is probably a stray thread of wire from the cable, that is catching inside the cable sheath/tube, as the throttle cable moves back and forward.
When disconnected from the cable the throttle handles move smoothly, as does the carb mechanism and its actuator arm at the other end. So I may be in the need for a NEW (CAA friendly) throttle cable (Throttle Assembly - Cockpit. Piper P/N 41541).

So I have some questions for you:
1. Where can I get one from and how much?
2. Can a new cable and its sheath/tube be fitted without taking the whole forward fuselage apart!
3. Is it possible to replace just the cable but leave the old sheath/tube fitted in place?

Joe

Latest posts

Back