• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

L side window screw & Aileron pulley covers that go on floor boards

jwebster

Reaction score
The small original screw that holds the lest side window from sliding. Also the two covers for the aileron pulleys that mount on the floor boards. Thanks

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Hi - I see this is a bit of an old want, but I had a handfull of these screws machined up exactly to Pipers drawings. If you want one let me know!

glennj3

Reaction score
My 1940 J3 does not have anything to hold the left window up. It has an inside handle and an outside device to latch it closed. I have been trying to find something to hold it up other than bungee chords and stuffing folded paper in the window sleeve.
Got any advice?

Glenn

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Glenn,
Small piece of duct tape works well. Get the olive drab version if possible. Of course, this is just to get you by until the real solution shows up, and you remove it after flight. Worked well in my J-3 until I fashioned a latch out of some spring brass, and fastened it with an existing screw at the top of the window. It looks old-timey, and no body has questioned it. No picture available. Amazing that there is something on that airplane I have not taken a picture of.
Chuck Shaw