• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Kling Air J3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Kling Air J3 from around 1990-91 I think. It appears to have never been built on. I have an a problem with not being able to clear my spare tire with the rear control stick. Am looking at moving seat back bar back 2-3" and making longer seat track bars (3/4 square tubing) which will require lengthening the rear link tube which hooks to elevator bellcrank so it will clear back of seat. It will only need a few inches and then relocating the bellcrank mount. This may seem extreme but I could most likely have a/c flying long before loosing the weight required to make this un necessary. There is not much room in the back even if you weigh 190 or so and well, I weigh more. This will be more about laying seat back rearward than moving seat base rearward. But she is experimental so a lot less permission/paper work hassle there. Just putting this out there to say hi as Im new, and hopefully not completely crazy. lol :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back