• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Just bought a run-out J3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
I just bought a run-out J3. It is minus the engine and prop aircraft. I am interested in opinions on just how original to keep it. I consistently have density altitudes of 5 to 6 thousand feet to deal with, so want to put in a c89 or 90 firewall forward. Also, coming from a Champ background, I really want to solo from front seat, and also don't want a fuel tank in my lap. So, are there STC's to allow wing tanks, no nose tank, and front seat solo. I'm sure some of you will ask why I bought the cub if I don't want to fly it as a cub. The answer is I love the looks, but would like some more power and front seat operation if possible. Thanks ahead of time. I'll be lurking here a lot.

Latest posts

Back