• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

J4 Panel Trim

Roger Benson

J4 builder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a section of instrument panel trim for a J4 cub coupe. I have had to fabricate a new panel. The old panel had been subject to years of abuse and was missing a section that goes around the hatch on the right hand side. I have the section that goes around the instruments.

Attachments

J4A

Tom Watson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Roger, I can't help with the trim, however I'm about to rebuild a J4 in the UK. Thought I'd say Hi as it looks like yours has been comprehensive to say the least!

Roger Benson

J4 builder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi which one have you got? Where abouts are you?

J4A

Tom Watson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought G-AFGM, I'm flying out of Enstone at the moment.

J4A

Tom Watson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that's gorgeous! Do you have any other pics from the rebuild? I'm trying to find/make a set of lift strut spar fittings for mine as we found they were bent.

Roger Benson

J4 builder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you please message me and I will give you my contact number.

OregonCoastCubCoupe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger,
How did you form that panel. It is amazing! The top of mine around the compass needs work. I have no idea how to replicate it. Thanks!

Roger Benson

J4 builder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot claim full credit. It was completed over several years. The main panel, I obviously started with a flat sheet roughly to size. I then rolled the bottom section. I then found a metal doctor who did the rest of the forming. I had to square things up and cut out all holes. The section around the compass is separate. I had 3 to play with and managed to get one finished. The throttle quadrant was made in 3 sections using formed. Then welded.