• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

j3 selling our classic overseas

dunbars

Reaction score
we have a j3 that we want to sell, it is a full rebuild from top to bottom with extras
this it not a 65,000.00 air plane that some one put new fabric and paint on ,this is a new airplane including every bolt and screw.should we sell our j3 overseas or not

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
I guess I fail to see the point of this question, sorry. The issue of American antiques and other items, or items from overseas going back over different seas, gets heated debates on some sites, and is pointless. I am involved with antique cars and clocks, and normally stay out of it. It is a sellers right to sell where he or she wants to.
Basic rule is money talks and bull walks.
I practically gave away a very nice Cessna 152 when I needed to let my special issuance run out and fly light sport, and bought a J3. Imagine my surprise a few months later, when the school I sold it to went out of business, to find "my" airplane for sale in Hungary for the equivalent of $43,000!
Well, money talks.
There are hundreds of aircraft per year leaving the U.S.,apparently, although I don't have good numbers, and thousands of other items.
Money.
Sell your aircraft where ever you are pleased to. Not going to get an argument from me, and I hope no one else. It should make no difference to someone else when an owner simply wants to maximize his return, and wringing one's hands and talking about how dreadful the exchange rate is, is not productive.
Now, go fly that amazing new every bolt beauty, but make sure you keep it clean, 'cause they don't want no rust, dust, of bust over there!
Chuck Shaw

longwinglover

Reaction score
Nice looking J3!

Out of curiosity, what covering process/topcoat (color) did you use? Type of paint for the black?

I see a Basic alternator and fuel valve for a wing tank. Do you have a spec list?

Do you have any pictures of the instrument panel?

I know, I know, I'm just full of questions! ;D

John Scott

P.S. Folks, it is the last album in the photo section.

dunbars

Reaction score
new ceconite with air tech primer, endura paint (with max amount of flex ajent)endura paint was matched from a can of randolff butrate dope that my dad has( about 40 years old). altinator is a turbine mounted on the cabine(7amp) has a left hand wig tank, the blak strip is 3m stripping as well as the c-fngz so we could remove it with out bothering the paint if it sold out of country.
send me your email and i will send you a complete spec sheet.

p.s. thanks for asking

Latest posts