• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J3 Projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captkevin74

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm just getting ready to start some restorations on two Cubs, one I'm fairly certain is a 1946 J3. The other however has some subtle differences, and Im hoping some of you experts out there may be able to help me verify/identify what I have. Both are in pieces, and were resurrected from a barn recently. I am an AP/IA/ATP but have 0 experience with Cubs.
Cub 1: frame number: 20962, J3C-65, SN# 20652, A-65-8, 10-22-1946
I have logs for this airplane but if anyone has more insight as to the whats, whens, and whereabouts of this airplane I would greatly appreciate it.

Cub 2: Is a different story, all I have is a frame number and some general information. Frame# 14853.
It does not have an engine, or prop, it has Reed clipped wings, wing tanks and a nose tank, disk brakes, a complete enclosed cowl, metal empennage upper stringers(instead of wood) with some subtle rear seat differences, and a trimmable elevator (versus a trimmable horizontal stab)

If anyone can shed some light on these two projects I would greatly appreciate it.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back