• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J3 Oil Dip Stick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acinc12

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that what happed is my fault as the pilot. I hope to avoid this again. I traveled to a distant airport to bring my plane back to its hangar (it had just been annualed), took care of the paperwork, jumped into the rear seat and took off - no preflight. When I landed I had oil under the right hand side of the lower cowl, along the left side of the aircraft back to the wing strrut area and around the oil dip stick access point. I think the oil dip stick was not tightened enough. The oil around the oil dip stick opening was a clear color whereas the oil sprayed on the outside of the lower cowl was black. Not sure if that oil is from the same problem. Anyhow, does anyone know where I can get a new J3 oil dip stick? The one I have does work but you have to fiddle with it until it until you get a firm feel. My IA said that a turn or two is all that is usually needed. Appreciate any feed back. Thanks

Latest posts

Back