• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

J3 left gear wanted, covered even better

dadtoson

Reaction score
I am looking for the left landing gear for a J3, covered if poss.

h. carson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a complete gear just removed from a 1945 J3. Left side has a patch but is in good shape and serviceable. The right side needs repair. Asking $450 for the lot. Make me an offer.
Both are uncovered.

cubrath

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Univair has them on Christmas special price for $450. Can't go wrong with new.

MR

longwinglover

Reaction score
Let's start this post right. I'm not trying to be sarcastic and I don't work for a parts manufacturer. I do care about those who own and/or rebuild Cubs.

If you have a flying Cub or are working on a restoration, why are you jepordizing everything on a used, previously damaged, uninspectable part - the failure of which could either cost you a great deal of money and/or ruin a significant amount of work put into the rebuild???

The used part being offered is obviously not good enough for the seller to trust it - why would you? The offered price is 50% of new price - but you have NO gurantee of what you are getting. Is that a good deal?

Bite the bullet, buy new and have peace of mind for the rest of the time you own your Cub.

Covering a gear leg is a good introduction to a new, fun skill that can benefit you in Cub ownership.

John Scott
John Scott

Latest posts