• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J-3 Seat Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cub Rookie

Reaction score
Hey Guys....

I now have nearly ten hours on my new (well, new to me) Cub. When the weather has cooperated, I have been averaging about 1.5 hour flights at night after work. One thing that I have noticed is that after about 30-45 minutes of intense takeoff and landing practice, my feet start to go numb. Not being able to feel your feet is definitely not conducive to learning to fly a taildragger in a crosswind. In between landings I have to grab the diagonals in the bird cage and hold my butt up out of the seat for a few minutes to allow blood to return to my extremities. On one occasion I even got out of the airplane and walked around for a minute it was so bad. My only thought is that the sling style seat allows the front of the seat frame to place pressure on the back of my legs and restrict the blood flow. Does anyone else experience this problem ? I have heard of people modifying the seating in Cubs, but to what is the question. My friend said he knows a guy with C-150 seats in his Cub. He said they worked out very nice but once again we get into STCs, 337s, A&P performed work, owner performed work.

Anyone have some thoughts or suggestions on this subject?

By the way, my new brass fuel float is coming along nicely, I'll post some photos when its finished.

MB

Latest posts

Back