• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

J-2 Cub Renew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for ideas regards to renewing my 1936 Taylor J-2 cub NC17549. The machine was purchased in 1939 as the second owner by my grandfather and has been flown with 5 generations. I would like to cover with Oratex fabric for simplicity of install, repair & weight. Upgrade to brakes it has original coaster axles. Upgrade power plant from Continental A40 with wheezing 37 hp when fresh @ 144 lbs, to something light with more power. Currently you have to go around the oak trees with 2 soles onboard for a few miles. Keeping it light is paramount. C-65 is 30 lbs heavier. UL power offers 97 hp @ 133 lbs. non-certified but what is that can go on it light. I am exploring others thoughts, ideas, purist will dislike this idea but obviously not selling it anytime soon and need it to be safe, fun, functional, reliable. This is my first thread anywhere hope it works.
Thanks Tom Brown.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back