• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Introductions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stearmann4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Cubbers,

It dawned on me as I received some good advice from Papa Bear, that it might be appropriate to introduce myself to the forum. (As I'm sure I'll be asking about a question a week.)

I purchased a 1945 J-3C last August (My first airplane) and I hangar it at Olympia, WA (OLM). It's SER # 14940, and has the original A-65. It was imported from Ontario, Canada in December 2005 where it lived as C-FIGL. I've recently re-registered it as N9914H which is the original tail number of my Dad's Stearman, which I had my first ride in when I was 6. The plane is basically stock, with the previous owner installing Dodge safety cables, Airwolf remote filter, ski fittings, metal Macauley prop, Cleveland wheels/brakes, 8.50 x 6 tires, and a 10" Maule T/W. Neat equipment, but taxes the A-65 a little with 2 adults.

I've flown alot of "high performance" airplanes to include warbirds, but I have yet to find an aircraft that provides the same joy as the J-3 on a nice day, with one of my young sons little heads bobbing around in the front seat! I'm an Army helicopter pilot, so I don't get to fly it as much as I'd like between deployments, although we live across the street from the hangar so there's alot of short hops before and after school when the WX permits.

Thanks for letting my babble, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Mike-

J-3C NC9914H
Olympia, WA

Latest posts

Back