• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Inst. Wanted: Tailwheel instruction in Central Florida?

carlmill

Reaction score
I'll be near Orlando late October. I'll be building some seaplane time for sure but would also like some tailwheel instruction as I hope to be in my own Cub next spring. Any suggestions? I'm willing to drive a ways.

Thanks,

Carl

carlmill

Reaction score
At Winter Haven I found that they have a 90 hp Champ for instruction. It's walking distance to Jack Browns seaplane base.

Any suggestions for SW Florida, say within an hour+ from Ft. Myers?

Carl

scotiamen

Reaction score
I was looking for the same thing last year and ended up at Page Field in Fort Myers.
Originally after many calls I was set up to fly some tail time on a Super Cub. This cub, as I recall was owned by the owner of the Charter jet company. I think its this company( a guess) :
http://www.chartermanagerllc.com/

I could be wrong because as it turned out the Supercubs wing was being repaired and I couldn't fly it. The guy ( name ?) was very helpful in directing me to someone else and specifically a J3 85 like mine is.

I drove inland to Immokalee field and flew with Jessica Sterns, who was very helpful and knowledgeable. I believe her phone # is 239-273-4541 but that was a year ago.

I am in Florida again next week and being farther north Ive booked some float time at Jack Browns and also time at Prestons.

Hope this is of help
David A

carlmill

Reaction score
Hope this is of help
David A

Big help Dave, thanks.

I met up with Jessica last week. I was able to finish my tailwheel sign off flying on two different days. Had a lot of fun in stiff winds flying her 85 hp J-3. Next time I'm there we'll just fly for fun out over the swamps looking for gators and hogs. She's had a diverse experience flying C-141's in the Air Force, has flown with People's and Continental. She also flies gliders, aerobatics and, of course Cubs.

This is her web page: http://home.earthlink.net/~aviatrixjs/

When in town check out the mexican restaurant not far from the airport.

Carl

Latest posts