• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

In Southern California next week. Any fly in's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
I'll be vacationing with my wife in the LA area next week. Where would be the highest concentration of Cubs? I'd like to get a bunch of pictures inside and out of some nicely restored cubs to help me on some decisions I'm making as I restore NC55100.

Any flyin's going on in the SO CAl area over the coming weekend? (I should be so lucky!)

I put NC55100 in the Logan Utah Regional Airport open house on Saturday. It was parked with some gorgeous home builts, civilianized military jets and about 40 other interesting aircraft, but people were drawn to it. It is on it's gear, still uncovered, but the guts of the cub were open for view, and visitors loved it. Most people, even old cub flyers thought it was a kit. It looks like that because of the new Univair fuselage. I had to show a couple of guys the mild pitting on the control yoke to convince them that I wasn't just building a cub out of new parts. I should have framed the data plate for proof.

Harry Ames
NC55100 20980

Latest posts

Back