• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

I never cease to be amazed!

cub junkie

Reaction score
I always wanted to fly an ILS approach at 45kts. If I throw down 55 large I can get my opportunity. Just remember, just like an ugly woman somebody loves this thing.

David Johnson

Premium Member
Reaction score
Better yet, wait for a strong wing and fly the ILS going backwards and going up. Do you fly towards the needle or away?

O

OldYellow

Always toward the needle, even if inverted (except b.c's). CB

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
I flew backwards from Will Rogers Airport, west of Oklahoma City, to Tinker AFB, several miles to the east of the city, one night while giving instrument instruction in a Beech Sport. Our progress to OKC was so slow that I figured we could back up, and the student agreed to try it. Beautiful view to see the lights of the city unfold below us, as we went backwards across the ground. The Tinker controller couldn't figure out why our groundspeed was so slow when we "turned around" down wind to go back to Tinker. Never told him.
Chuck

N

NC1776

I would give 5 bucks to just see all the paperwork that was done to get the ton of field approvals needed to create such a beast. The increase in gross weight must be hidden in one of the many dozen pages. Notice on the left there is also a wing tank. More weight. However that all said W&B was not a real problem as this Cub is approved and plackarded for "Remote Control Operations Only"
"Pilot and Crew must be removed before flight"

F

FreddyK

Hummm..... I guess he has plenty to throw over board to lighten the ship! Some folks just have to feel important!

instpnll4.jpg

instpnll4.jpg

longwinglover

Reaction score
It's BAAaaaaa-aak! :eek: ???

I guess he kept it for the winter to get in some IFR time. ;)

PIPER J3 L4 • $55,000 • FOR SALE • 1940 J3C restored as 1944 L4 WWII paint Big Boy Toy, Frame up restored 2000, C85-12FI 80hr SMOH, New Full IFR panel, full elect sys, lights, front seat solo, 24 gal fuel, Approved adjustable front seat for 6'4" 220 pilot, disc brakes, 6:50X600 Tires-Wheels, Too much more to list, see to apprec. • Contact Harold G. Jensen located San Antonio, TX USA • Telephone: 210-842-0429 • Posted April 8, 2008 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

John Scott

B

backcast

Damn, 2 L4's on Barnstormers, not a one under 50K, I'm sittin on a gold mine! Wonder if he'd let me borrow that grasshopper, I don't have my instrument rating yet. Here I am crying about a 337 for carb heat, he must be in good with the FSDO!
Tedd

Latest posts