• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

I never cease to be amazed!

longwinglover

Reaction score
Let's see...

With full fuel it's legally flyable by an anerexic teen ager or a trained resus monkey...

Love the exhausts...

Can't get the pics to post. Find at www.barnstormers.com under Piper J3.

John Scott

PIPER J3 L4 • $55,000 • FOR SALE • 1940 J3C restored as 1944 L4 WWII paint Big Boy Toy, Frame up restored 2000, C85-12FI 80hr SMOH, New Full IFR panel, full elect sys, lights, front seat solo, 24 gal fuel, Approved adjustable front seat for 6'4" 220 pilot, disc brakes, 6:50X600 Tires-Wheels, Too much more to list, see to apprec. • Contact Harold G. Jensen - located San Antonio, TX USA • Telephone: 210-842-0429 • Posted November 19, 2007 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

pop

Reaction score
It would not be my cup of tea, but what ever floats your boat. That said, I would not turn it down as a gift.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Pop, the problem is that with all that stuff that has been added, it would appear that the empty weight must be approaching the max gross weight, thus the first comment about the "anerexic teenager". As a gift, the thing to do would be to sell it quick and buy a nice useable Cub! There are a lot of airplanes flown over max gross weight, but the accident reports don't read well when it catches up with the pilot.

This file picture has nothing to do with max gross weight I hope.
Chuck Shaw

cub_on _powerline[1].jpg

cub_on _powerline[1].jpg

S

shakey

I guess it takes wisdom to know what is a reasonable upgrade and what is overkill. To each his own but what attracts me to the Cub is the simplicity of it. 65 horses,12 gallon tank,no elec,4 instruments and a tach. My only weakness is headsets and a GPS. With that said I still like to read the sectional and look down. It keeps things in prospective. ;D

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Four instruments and a tach?
1. Oil pressure/oil temp
2. Altimeter
3. Airspeed indicator
4. Ball

Right? Or do you count the "compass"?
Just kidding, of course my compass has been compensated, and even has a correction card. (Card says look out the window and use your Sectional and the position of the sun, or something like that).
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We have 41 MPH winds today so no Cub flying.
Chuck Shaw

6626J3panel700.jpg

6626J3panel700.jpg

doug

Reaction score
Flying backwards is better than not flying at all. ;D It's snowing here in Dallas.
doug

pop

Reaction score
Doug, And the Cowboys are 10 and 1. Was 88 degrees here yeterday and in the 40's all day today in San Antonio.

S

shakey

Four instruments and a tach?
1. Oil pressure/oil temp
2. Altimeter
3. Airspeed indicator
4. Ball

Right? Or do you count the "compass"?
Just kidding, of course my compass has been compensated, and even has a correction card. (Card says look out the window and use your Sectional and the position of the sun, or something like that).
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We have 41 MPH winds today so no Cub flying.
Chuck Shaw My Bad I guess its 6 if you count the compass and the ball. Nice Panel! Happy Thanksgiving

Latest posts