• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

I am looking for a Stearman that is in very good flying condition/trade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennj3

Reaction score
I know the Stearman is typically worth more than a J3 but I am looking for one none the less.

If I could sell my 1940 J3L for the right price I would let her go in order to help pay for a Stearman.
If anyone out there is interested in buying her let me know. The price is negotiable but in the $30,000.00's for sure. Best quick offer.
NC30372, Mid time strong running, great compressions (76-77) 85 HP Continental engine with new mount, new 76 inch standard metal prop, new sealed struts, maul tail wheel. Annualed just completed. I fly her at least once every two weeks. No problems at all. The paint looks great for a flying plane, anyone would be proud of her. I can not seem to post pictures here but will be glad to send them if you give me your email address.Was stored for 18 or so years prior to me buying her in 2003, inside wings look like new, varnish looks fresh on wood spars, the white rope looks new too. Good tires original brakes work fine, holds her back at 1600 RPM. New gray tented wendshield.
Any other questions just ask and I will get back with you SAP.
Oh yes, if you have a Stearman and are interested in a trade, let me know.

Thanks,

Glenn G

Latest posts

Back