• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

How many feet needed for landing/takeoff on grass strip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTx

Reaction score
hey folks,
First time posting here. I live in San Antonio and am thinking of moving out a bit further North. I am spying some land in the 30acre range and was wondering if anyone knew how many feet I should have for a landing strip?

I don't have a Cub, but I have a chance of "taking care" of one at a local museum since no one flies it and the old man is getting sick.

I have never flown a Cub nor do I have a pilot license, but I plan to get one within the year. I want to eventually be able to park the plane for the weekend or so on the land, so need to get some ideas as for how many feet are needed for landing and takeoff on a grass strip. I am a greenhorn, so I am guessing something like 2000 feet would be ideal? What is the average length and what would be ideal?

Thanks!
P.S> Why do the new sport cubs cost so darn much?

Latest posts

Back