• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Help with Icom A6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a3holerman

Reaction score
I posted this in a thread that was about radio static under modifications. I have a Icom A6 handheld that has some quirks and would like to hear from other users if they found the same problems. I do apologize for posting two different places but am anxious to hear from other users.

I have a question for all you guys withthe Icom A6 handheld. I also have one and have had problems. First off I got terrable rf feedback while transmitting with a rubber duckie antenna. I also noticed that the A6 mike was hot while transmitting with a headset and using the ptt on the radio. I sent it back to Icon twice and the second time they added a RF choke to the headset adaptor that helped the feedback but was told that that in order to use a headset mike I needed a remote PTT sw. Is that what other users have found? There is no mention in the manual of this.

Thanks

Tom
Cape Cod

Latest posts

Back