• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Hello! This is going to be fun... 1939 J3 Experimental 160HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just saying HI. I have a Clipped wing 1939 J3 Cub that was converted to experimental with a 160HP o-320. It was mostly setup for aero, but I'm not going to be doing that kind of flying. Basic stuff, but with a lot of HP apparently. =) I'm going to have lots of questions, (Yes I'll use the search) but right now I'm really diving into the W/B of the plane with this larger engine on the front. I have dual wing tanks and want to remove the front tank add a header tank behind the back seat. Duno what that's going to look like for where the pilot sits. Lets just say, it's complicated!
Hope to see you guys around. If you want to follow what I do, you can check it out on youtube as well. youtube.com/flywiththeguys

Glory Days (What we're headed back to)

J3 Cub 160HP.jpg

How it sits now! There was an accident.

A9E6232E-E675-4053-9826-EE0F34B549FC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back