• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Great day for Geo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score
I am problem the oldest student on this forum but nobody could enjoy the journey anymore than me! I am accomplishing a life long goal that I left undone 30 years ago!

My day started off at first light while I was making coffee I walked out on my deck and there was 5 otter on the docks in front of my house playing and chasing each other, while I was enjoying the otters a eagle did a flyby within 20 feet at eye level! Wow, this was a great start, of course the usual gaggle of geese, kingfishers, seagulls , multiple Blue Herons were there, all eye candy for an outdoors guy!!!

From there it even got better, The day is a glorious sunny day, I went flying in my sport cub with my instructor George, flying around Vashon Island practicing power off stalls and take offs and landings when at a grass field called Wax Orchard after landing he said pull over here, he got out and said take her around a couple of times and walked away! Holy crap, my mouth dropped open and then I got the fuzzy feeling and did my first SOLO, was I thrilled. It all went well! I now know I will make it! I love my sport cub and we have merged to become one when flying!

It was a great day!!! It can't get much better than that!!!

Geo

100_0451.JPG

100_0455.JPG

100_0451.JPG

100_0455.JPG

Latest posts

Back