• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

grasshopper spotting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgen

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
had an interesting autumn-incident here in the South of Sweden today. I flew passed a grass-strip that unfortunately are close to town and under threat of closing, but not just yet (and maybe the global finacial crisis will postpone the development plans...). Anyway, som excavating work was beeing done in the area and a bone-headed excavator driver had driven his excavator across the middle of the strip just after a rainshower as if to make sure the tracks would be deep enough to be dangerous.

Following the caterpillar tracks from the air was dead easy, so I could spot the culprit (there were some 4-5 excavators in the area), get the number and convey that to the chairman of the aeroclub so he could deliver a properly adressed chew-out and X-mark the strip as closed.

It got me thinking on events of the past, because as you all know this is not the first time caterpillar-track vehicles have had a hard time hiding from vigilant Cubdrivers. But this time he probably got away easier than if a couple of US artillery units would have been nearby....

Just (L-)4 fun/ Jörgen

Latest posts

Back