• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Got my J3 back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbd29a

Reaction score
Back in July of 2014 I had a medical issue that made me think twice about flying my Cub. After a lot of tests the doctors could not give me a solid prognosis as to what was wrong with me.Vertigo was one of the symptoms.I decided that I would not continue to fly.I sold the Cub to a friend who flew it a few times then damaged the elevators.His business was quite busy and it did not allow him to pursue repairing and flying the plane.The plane did not fly for two and a half years.
Since the fall of 2014 I have not had any medical issues and the doctors have said I’m fine. My friend has not been able to keep up and maintain the Cub so we talked and came to an agreement that the plane would be moved to my house, I would fix it, get it airworthy and maintain it with the ability to fly it and make it available for him to fly it
when he can.
Right now the plane needs the left aileron recovered, a dent in the leading edge of the left wing fixed and both elevators replaced, covered and painted. The plan is to get it ready for the float flying season so we will see how it goes.
I’m looking forward to getting back on the Cub site as I enjoyed hearing all the Cub stories.

078.jpg

006.jpg

Latest posts

Back