• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Goodyear 25x11x4's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanafos

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked this set of 25x11x4 Air Wheels up 7 or 8 years ago when I had the opportunity. Can't say for sure I'll put them on my Cub once done...but don't want to rule out the possibility just yet. They look to be in good condition with one area of concern (See pics). When I flex the tire I don't get an opening or widening of the area (see pic). Almost looks like a chemical may have been dripped on the spot at some point as it has a sort of "run" appearance to it. That's just a guess on my part. Couple questions before I dig in to these and screw something up. Both wheels have the aluminum spacers, but only one has the 3 screws in place...are these screws what keep the wheel and spacer as a single unit? Would anyone care to share a quick step by step on disassembling the wheel, spacer, tire and tube? I'd like to take a look at the tubes and inner walls of the tires and get the wheels cleaned up. Would love any input as to level of concern I should have with the one spot I referenced above. Larger tires aren't a must have for me here in MT by any means. They'd see limited use more than likely if I do hold on to them. I've made quite a few pasture and off field landings with my standard 800-4's with no problems. The larger tires may open up a few possibilities though and it made sense to grab them when I found them.

Appreciate any help. Please see the pics.

P1311959.jpg

P1311960.jpg

P1311961.jpg

P1311962.jpg

P1311963.jpg

P1311964.jpg

P1311965.jpg

P1311968.jpg

P1311969.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back