• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Goodrich Brake Bleeder valves (x2) Needed!

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Hi all

Am after a couple of the old style brake bleeder valves for my L4 (Piper part number 451-770). I see Univair make new versions of the later type of bleeder (their number B57-239) but I wanted to ask here first if anyone had two of the old ones spare!

rgds

T

P

Paul Smith

Hey Tony,

I put the new ones on and they aren't very different at all. I like the seal arrangement better on the new ones. For a bleeder I got a trigger type oil can and bored out a brass screw to fit the threads on the bleeder screw fitting. It has a plastic hose from the can to the fitting, so I can see if there's any air in the hose before I start squirting. Works great and cost about $5 to make.

I'm still looking for old ones too.

Did you see the post from Tim about the card holders? He said he has a box full of them, and is looking for the box now.

Paul

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Yep, saw that Paul - fantastic news, something as little as a card holder has been playing on my mind - crazy! Meanwhile I've virtually completed all the back-end observer mods, a bit more varnishing to seal the wood and then I can start some more painting. Need to wield the welder again too and I'm all set for the interior fabric. At work, I've just started on the wing ribs, if I can soldier on with those at work, and the fuselage on my days off - it should start to look like a plane soon!

Meanwhile, the empire of planes in the company is growing, have just taken over the operation of a 1943 Harvard II (that will be T6 to you USA guys - and AT16 to you Canadian chaps).

Rgds

Tony

39-J3

Reaction score
tonyhoskins,
I have just checked out your website http://www.planeheritage.com/ That is a nice write up on the history of the L-4 that you are restoring. I hope you also post pictures of the 1943 Harvard II that you just received along with the history of it on your site.

Larry

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Hi Larry

Yep, I'm just getting the copyright cleared on a few of our Harvard piccies and when that part of the site goes live, all will come apparent! the Harvard served with the RAF in WW2 and the RNAF until the 50s before becoming a skywriting machine in the Netherlands. It came to the UK to be part of the Warbirds of Great Britain collection before being bought by the popstar Gary Numan in the 1980s. Lots of piccies and more stories to follow.....