• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Gear Leg Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyhoskins

Reaction score
Hi all

You may remember my dilemma with trying to find a L/H Gear leg for my L4h, well low and behold i found one a couple of months back, a spare from one of my fellow UK cub buddies. However....

The reason its spare is because the top is bu**ered. A crack running from the bushing weld through the side face.

Anyway, the SRM gives the OK to a weld repair to replace the top section, I'm looking to repeat a repair featured on my other (good) gear leg being a diagonal splice about 13 inches from the top (to take out a slight bow).

The top fitting (for me anyway) is quite a complex weld, a local aviaiton welder has shown some interest, but would rather I find a similar duff gear leg to splice in before he attempts to make one of his own.

So....

Does anyone out there have a duff L/H (or i suppose R/H) Gear Leg which they'd be happy to cut the rear leg off for cash. I was hoping to have got Will's old gear leg as the rear portion looked straight, but blast - I was beaten to it! alternatively, is there anyone prepared to make me a new rear gear leg that I could get my chap to weld?

Anyone out there able to help?

Rgds

Tony

Latest posts

Back