• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

FYI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyrite

Reaction score
This is the first little continental that I have ever had that had oil temp problems. Nothing I did in the form of ducting air to it under the belly of the case or ducting on the sump did any good. On cooler days the temps would be fine in the 170 to 180 range, On the 80° or higher days the oil temp would run up to 210 and stay there the whole time. And if I was working the little engine in the pattern it would run up to 220.
Bought the diverter from Steve’s aircraft and a 7 row cooler from Spruce, that completely solved my problem. Temps never get over 175 even on 80° and higher days!
Expensive….YES….But we be running cool now.

Attachments

• BEC936BE-518F-40F8-BE0C-83A70EDCE4F6.jpeg
    BEC936BE-518F-40F8-BE0C-83A70EDCE4F6.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Back