• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Fly-in Dec, 2, Sunday, Massey Aerodrome, MD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
The first Sunday in December (Dec.2nd,2007) the Massey Air Museum Inc. will celebrate its seventh Christmas operating the Grassroots Aviation Museum at the Massey Aerodrome, (MD1).

This has been a banner year. We have a lot to celebrate. We rehabilitated a surplus FAA light tower the Delaware River and Bay Authority donated to us. David Tallichet donated the DC-3 that graced his 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant at the New Castle County Airport, to the Museum. We brought it home with the help of Scott Anglin's aircraft recovery company. A lot of volunteer work has been done to start to stabilize it for display. We think it is too badly corroded to ever fly again, so we are restoring it to static display status.

The restoration work on Major Bean's Stearman in now completed and, Col. Don Sloan (The new owner) flies it so much he is now our best fuel customer.

On a personal note I have started the restoration of a Stinson Reliant my father and I owned fifty years ago. It has been out of the family and in storage for the past 41 years.I was fortunate to be able to re-acquire it last year.

Please come to the Open Hangar Party and see for yourself. And, help us thank those who are helping us so much.

As in the past we will supply the ham, turkey, hot cider etc. If you choose to bring an hors d' oeuvre it will help perpetuate the "loaves-and-fishes" banquet we have been so fortunate to enjoy each year.

As always, it will be your company most appreciated.

Jim Douglass

Massey Aerodrome is a privately owned, public use, grass farm strip on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. There are two beautiful grass runways, surrounded by flat farm land. Right now there should be thousands of geese in the corn fields. Usually several J-3's show up at the fly-ins here, and there are J-3's based at Massey, with one or two under restoration. This Hangar Party will go on, sunshine, rain, or fresh snow, so come meet a great bunch of old-airplane folks.

If you need to contact them: Airport: 410-928-5270 or at the Douglass house at 410-348-5210

Chuck Shaw

Latest posts

Back