• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Flight of Passage paperback free

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J5Mike

Reaction score
Lots of people really like this book about the boys journey in a PA 11 ........I guess it will be the first one that responds . I will pay the snail mail in the USA ONLY .

I did not like this book at all . It is not that great of story with lots of exaggerations and written poorly lol . Like my writing . The diving at the Bus was enough .

One time I took my Pacer and dove head on with a train and the engineer just waved . I pulled up about 100 feet . Thomas Hargrave was with me . We still

talk about that stupid but fun stuff I used to pull . I am thinking about selling my J-5 . Rebuilt with new spars and leading edges ,trailing edges and bows .

The plane is covered in Air-Tec and restored in 1999 ground up . It has a perfect cowling with the Ercoupe spinner . Most people just use a skull cap . Lots

of more details . 0-200 that has less that 300 hours . It was not a re-man overhaul but the case was sent off . Crankshaft is 020 and 010 on the rods . I

never really looked for sure . The airplane has not flown in about 10 years . I took the engine off the plane and checked the oil pump and cam for rust

and it is very clean . No gouges in the oil pump case . I would trust this engine . I had the carb overhauled with a yellow tag . The airplane has no lights ,

radios or an engine starter . Very light J-5 and it really performs . One time I climbed to a 1000 ft. in about a minute . so..........1000 fpm and I am a big

boy too . It is a three seater and NOT LSA . I can't get a medical and don't qualify for Basic Med either . I will post some pictures and other info .

The plane started life as a Niagara Falls air tour to fly tourists over the Falls . It later would up as a CAP plane and had a rough life . The guy I bought

from didn't have the original logs . The new logs start in 1999 . Univair struts heavy forks . More info coming . Mike

Latest posts

Back