• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

First time J3 Cub Buyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,
New to the forum, I'm looking at buying a cub up in Montana. Here's the add listed on it:

Located in Montana 1946 J3Cub, A 75 8 , only 2023 hrs, Engine hrs.167, All logs completed , auto fuel , STC, sealed struts, poly fiber, new exhaust pipes, comp all in 70 s , 8.00x6 tires, Cleveland brakes / wheels, new McCauley prop, marvel schebler carb, slick mags, new bunge covers , extra 6 + gal left wing tank , exterior com antenna, Icom a14 radio , intercom , push to talk on rear stick, 2 soft com head sets, front and rear harnesses, kept in heated hanger, A/C located at Flathead Sky Ranch, Kalispell Mt.

I've been in touch with the owner and have the airworthiness report going back to the beginning. Not afraid of hand starting the plane as it has no starter/electrical system. I'm seriously considering buying the plane, haven't had the chance to fly up there yet as i'm stationed down in San Diego at present and trying to get time off short notice is difficult. That being said, was looking for some collective advice about what else I should be asking the owner? Good reviews or advise on the hand held radio? Also, is there anyone located somewhere near Kalispell that could do a prebuy inspection on the plane? Thanks.

Matt

Latest posts

Back