• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Fabric Tautness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, these wings look to me to be shrunk too taut. Even the nose ribs are highly visible. I’ve notice several Cubs which appear this way.

Thoughts. Do folks tend to over shrink. I grew up with dad working in doped fabrics which were never that deeply concave between ribs, though still taut. Dad swapped to Polyfiber on my Cub (after I’d left home for the Army) and my IA thought it was cotton based on appearance? It is taut, but not nearly as taut as the photo.

Just curious, again.

Something of a rehash of a 2016…Fabric Tightness which pops up as related thread below.

Attachments

• 7708237F-B983-448D-9743-2E432C44E209.jpeg
    7708237F-B983-448D-9743-2E432C44E209.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back