• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Expander Tubes

cubgirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have contacted a manufacturer in Texas who is willing to make J3 expander tubes! I will have to provide the specs and give him my old tube to reverse engineer. This is a large aerospace manufacturer who will have to get orders for at least 100 tubes before they can commit to manufacture.

I'll take 2 or 3 and would like to know if anyone else would be interested in buying some? I don't want to do a conversion and want to keep my old hydraulic brakes.

Please let me know if you want an expander tube and how to contact you. I hope this is possible because I just joined today. Thanks!

P.S. If anyone out there has a drawing of the expander tube (with measurements) please provide a copy. I have the original patent, #2,256,431 from 1941 but it does not have the specs, only concept.

aldowns

Reaction score
I am thinking of converting and would have some parts for sale if anyone is interested.

WV-GWS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of converting and would have some parts for sale if anyone is interested.
Al, I would be interested in your J3 expander tubes if they are serviceable. How much would you want for them? GWS

aldowns

Reaction score
Here is a picture of what I have for the Cub. I am going to sell my Cub so I won't need all these parts. Let me know what you are interested in.
IMG-1967.jpg

dgapilot

Reaction score
Just purchased ABI 6" wheels and brakes for my Clipper. Will have wheels, brakes and new old stock tires for sale shortly. condition of brakes are unknown, they haven't been used since 1960.

bob turner

Reaction score
The tires are probably ok. Maybe the tubes if inflated and protected. All expander tubes are that old, and a lot of them still work.

aldowns

Reaction score
No, there are small parts in the bags and one of the wheel covers in a bag

WV-GWS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, there are small parts in the bags and one of the wheel covers in a bag
Thanks Al. What I need are two serviceable cub brake expander tubes. Thanks anyway. GWS

Latest posts